Online Privacy Statement
Last Modified: December 1, 2017
American Stock Transfer & Trust Company, LLC and its affiliates (collectively, “AST”, “we”, “us” or the “Company”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this Online Privacy Statement (this “Statement”). Your privacy is important to AST and we go to great lengths to protect it.
This Statement describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit AST’s website (the “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Statement applies to information we collect:
- On our Website;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our Website; and/or
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website that may be operated by the Company or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on our Website.
Please read this Statement carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Website. By accessing or using our Website, you agree to this Statement. This Statement may change from time to time (see Changes to the Statement). Your continued use of our Website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Statement periodically for updates.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on our Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on our Website or on or through any of its features, register on our Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone, fax or mobile number, social security number, account number, securities or other asset ownership information (“personal information”); and
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us and automatically as you navigate through the Website.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through the Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our services, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the execution of your instructions. You may be required to provide financial information before performing certain transactions through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and
- Information about your computer or other device you use to visit our Website and your internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, browser type and version, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages band for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Web Analytic Tools. Our Website may use Google Analytics or similar web analytics tools that help website owners analyze the traffic to their websites. By using Google Analytics, the Company may be able to view a variety of reports about how users interact with the Website, which can be used to improve your user experience and the overall quality of the Website.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests.
- To inform you about information regarding the Website, products or services for which you apply or may be interested in applying for, or in which you are already enrolled, changes to terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information.
- To deliver marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, including ads or offers tailored to you.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To verify your identity and/or location (or the identity or location of your representative or agent) in order to allow access to your accounts, conduct online transactions and to maintain measures aimed at preventing fraud and protecting the security of account and personal information.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website, including surveys and other forms of market research.
- To help us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more useful experience to our customers and to understand which parts of our Website, products, and services are of most interest.
- For risk control, fraud detection and prevention, to comply with laws and regulations, and to comply with other legal process and law enforcement requirements.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
We have implemented measures designed to secure, to the best of our ability, your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Changes to the Statement
It is our policy to post any changes we make to our Statement on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we will notify you through a notice on the Website. The date the Statement was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for periodically visiting our Website and this Statement to check for any changes.
To ask questions or comment about this Statement and our privacy practices, contact us by email at email@example.com.